Friday, May 18, 2012

Procrastination

I don't know why I have been so reluctant to post anything on the blog when there is so much to talk about. There hasn't been a dull moment in the past few weeks and the activity levels in the Yu-Gi-Oh world are at an all time high. Last weekend I judged in Fort Worth Dallas with David and his Epik crew and I had a pretty awesome time. Learned a lot of new things, met a lot of old and new faces, and got to travel up with some friends that I don't get to see very often. I noticed that Dragons are picking up a lot of popularity but so is Chain Burn. Many people may complain about how the meta has shaped up but I think its pretty amazing. Michael argues that its a Paper, Scissor, Rock format going into the summer and to some extent I agree but that doesn't do decks like Dark World justice. I'm getting my game on right now and picked mostly everything for Rabbit, messing around with an idea me and Justin threw around and the initial testing is very promising.  Rabbit struggles with decks that put up monsters stronger that 2500 attack so these changes alleviate some not all of the pressure. I still have a soft spot for Infernity so I'm still going to be tinkering with the build I have. Totally forgot to talk about the my regional report from two weeks ago. I dropped after round 6 when I was handed my 3 loss of the day, there's only so much you can do when you draw 2 Kabas, 2 Sabers, Mystical Space typhoon, and Pot of Avarice against Inzektors. The regional was at Gamelot and to my surprise, the showing there was very small. I had a fun time regardless and learned a lot about Rabbit with all the matchups I had all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment