Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tournament Report 4/1/12


Void Ogre Dragon wins games!! With its release I wanted to showcase my Infernity build. The deck has picked up some very crucial potency with this card, no joke.  I am going to keep my build a secret until I play at a Y.C.S. BUT I will give you the details of my duels.  Any deck that has dark tuners gained a considerable boost with this card so experiment with it. Anyway here was my Saturday at Legacy.



Round 1:

Lightsworn - OO

Game 1

I won the dice roll and opened up with Infernity Launcher, Dark Grepher, Necromancer, Infernity Barrier, Archfiend, and Infernity Break. I Summoned Grepher pitched Necro to send Beetle to grave.  I then activated Launcher and discarded Archfiend and set my Barrier and Break. I sent Launcher to grave to special Necro and Archfiend searched for Barrier via Archfiend and then set it. Used Necro to special Beetle then sent Beetle to grave to bring out 2 more. Synched into Gaia Knight with Grepher and Beetle then went into Void with Gaia and a Beetle and passed.  My opponent draws and activates Solar Recharge pitching  Jain to which I negate with Void Orge. I locked him down from that point.

Game 2

Opened up Laucher again with a somewhat decent hand.  I go into Void and pass.  He activates cards to bait my effect and fall victim to his Dark Hole.  At that point he had dwindled his resouces to the bare minimum and had two Judgement Dragons in the grave.  His field at this point was Card Trooper, Aurkus, 2 fluff tokens via Dandylion, and Wulf. I don't remember what his backrow was maybe 1 or 2 cards. I topdeck the Archfiend and proceed to regain my advantage. I searched for Mirage and summoned it.  I then used its effect to special Necro and another Archfiend.  I search for a Barrier via Archfiend and set it.  I then use Necro to bring back Beetle from grave and synch into Mist Wurm to bounce the 2 tokens and Card Trooper. I proceed to use Break to pop a backrow he was sitting on since the start of the duel and removed my Mirage. It was a Monster Reborn. I activate my set Zero-Max to special Necro and then special Archfiend again via Necro. At this point he had milled 2 Judgement Dragons.  He summons Card Trooper and mills sending his last Judgement to grave and conceeds.

Round 2:

*Secret* - OO

Game 1

Wong the dice roll and opened Stygian Street Patrol + Dark Grepher + Archfiend + 2 Barrier + 1 Break.  Yep.

Game 2

My field by turn two was 2 Beetle, Necro, Arcfiend, Barrier, Mystical.  I synch into Hyper Librarian and then Brionac.  I have no hand when I top the Archfiend via Hyper Librarian to search Launcher.  I set up into Void with Zero-Max destroying my Necro in the process because I had to bring back Beetle.  Slowly poke for game.

Round 3:

Heroes piloted by Al(a.k.a. Beast mode, he doesn't know I call him that lol) - OXO

Game 1

Void Ogre plus protection versus Heroes equals game.

Game 2

He just destroys me, I can't keep him from summoning Thunder King and Aliuses.

Game 3

I'm just sitting on monsters waiting for an opportunity to push.  He has 2 back rows, Thunder King, and the Shining.  He attacks my facedown Snowman with a Thunder King and I pop his Shining.  He adds Stratos back to hand via effect.  I end phase Break a facedown and remove Mirage.  One of his backrows was a Fiendish Chain which he chained onto my Necro so I draw a Beetle I summon it. I stupidly tried to use Necros effect for some reason while it had been Fiendish Chained lol.  I overlay to exceed Necro and Snowman to bring out Leviair to reuse Mirage.  I can't search so I just synch into Gaia and wait for a response.  He was low on lp so he didn't want to tribute and let me attack for game. I didn't try to push because I didn't want to lose my field to Torrential so I attack with Gaia and he books it. So now he has just a faceup Thunder King and dead Fiendish.  I end phase Break his Thunder King and remove a Break.  He sets and passes. I draw, set, and flip Gaia.  I use Necro to Bring out Void and he concedes.

Good friend of mine, I enjoy playing against him at tournaments!!!! XD

Round 4:

Inzektors piloted by Luis - XX 

Game 1

Passive cards get destroyed by Dragonfly and Hornet. :(

Game 2

I draw alright.  I set up and pass. He Mysticals my Phoenix Wind Blast which was the only discard outlet I had to help with my heavy monster hand and consequently do not recover. I get murdered by Dragonfly and Hornet.

Another good friend of mine, I hate my Inzektor match up but oh well need to find better side cards for them even if they are losing popularity.


Thoughts:
Good turn out. I'm glad the player base in Laredo is growing. Good playtesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment