Monday, April 23, 2012

Misconception

So with all the crazy shenanigans going on in the meta I thought I take a moment and address an issue that affects players transitioning into competitive play. This is something my friend Al brought to my attention and I figured I should shed some light on this lingering phenomenon. Whenever you prepare and playtest for events there is misconception that because you "think you know" how the top decks run that you are aptly prepared for them when you face them. Consequently, you end up losing 9 times out of 10 because you weren't prepared. Playtesting shouldn't be taken lightly when you go into a meta heavy tournament. Being prepared and understand what functions in your deck and what doesn't is the process that allows you sidedeck accordingly and ultimately become the victor of the match. Until you fully understand that, you will never ever be ready to take the next step so keep that in mind when you enter your next premier event. As always thanks for stopping by this is E signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment